Your Web Sales Hero has been THINKING HARD lately…
And I’ve figured out something SIMPLE which can bump your profits that 99% of marketers overlook…
How do I know most marketers ignore it?
Because up until very recently I overlooked it too…
And so did most of the major marketers I’m friendly with…
Know what it is? It’s…
That’s right, file names!
Most people spend an eternity building and editing their salesletters, obsessing over the subject lines in their email, writing just the right headline, etc…. just to get people to consume a digital product.
Yet when they provide those digital files, they neglect three very critical facts…
1) The file has to be CONSUMED in order to move the prospect or customer to the next step in the ascension process and…
2) Most people don’t consume files immediately. Most save their files to consume at a later date, which can be weeks, months, or even years in the future. (Long after they’ve forgotten why they downloaded it!)
3) The file is not gonna be the ONLY file on the prospect’s hard drive by a long shot.
As a result, despite working so hard to MOTIVATE the consumer to purchase and download the file–or to download for free when it’s a prospecting give away–they abandon the prospect on that crucial “next rung of the monkey bars” on the path to more purchasing.
That’s why you’ve got files on your hard drive with mostly meaningless names like…
What should you do instead?
THINK OF THE FILE NAME AS THE HEADLINE FOR THE FILE.
It’s job is to stand out in a sea of meaningless files on the prospect hard drive, grab attention, and telegraph to the prospect “You’ve just got to consume this right now!”
Fortunately almost nobody else is using file names like this, so the job is a lot easier than standing out online.
Here are some good examples I’ve used in the past for my valuable FREE downloads (by the way, I’ve had MANY people tell me they got their first bit of traction online from this stuff over the years so if you’ve missed any of them, they’re definitely worth downloading!):
- Testimonials-That-Sell-Final.mp3 (Note: I should have removed the “Final” part which was just an editing notation)
- NeuroticInternetMarketers.PDF (This is a little older – I should be using the hyphens to separate the words for readability)
- AdvancedTestingExectuiveSummary.pdf (I should have used hyphens to separate the words for readability)
Now here’s the thing…
I dare you to download any of these and not at least open them up…
Maybe you won’t do it today…
And maybe not tomorrow…
But if I can get you to save it to your hard drive, eventually you’ll be browsing the folders in your hard drive, maybe doing a little “computer housecleaning”, and you’ll come across one of these that sticks out like a red balloon in a sea of white ones.
I’ll getcha! (And you’ll be happy I did)
Am I right or am I right?
Onwards and Upwards My Fine Marketing Friends…
You can clear away SO much confusion if you’ll just take the time to master a few fundamental conversion principles. And now you can watch me do it LIVE on site after site. (Get started as of the time of this post for less than $5)
Dr. Glenn 🙂
Your “Web Sales Hero(tm)”