When was the last time you gave yourself permission to think like an evil child? You might find some surprisingly good marketing ideas if you do!
An evil child says:
- “Mine, mine, mine!”
- “Gotta have it, gonna take it, get out of my way!”
When do your customers think like that?
For starters, when you present a UNIQUE SOLUTION to a DESPERATE PROBLEM, with OVERWHELMING PROOF you’re for real.
Go write that now on the mirror in the bathroom so you’ll have something useful to memorize the next time you’re doing unspeakable things.
- A DESPERATE PROBLEM: means something they’ve gotta solve now unless they’re willing to live with worsening pain and consequence. (Website sales are deteriorating, poisonous Radon gas is threatening to kill their home sale, biological clock close to running out and no mate in site, diabetes imminently threatening your vision, etc)
- A UNIQUE SOLUTION: means something they haven’t heard before, and can’t get from anyone else but you (The hyper-responsive marketing method, a “Men Who Want to Get Married and Have Lots of Babies Now” matchmaking service, a one-of-a-kind patented radon gas mitigation tube, a “Reverse Your Diabetes Naturally in 30 Days or Less” DVD)
- OVERWHELMING PROOF: means you don’t make ANY claims you can’t back up 3 times over. (17 profitable niche markets + $14M in consulting services sold; 42 new baby pictures from last month alone, a dozen before and after radon test sheets with sworn affidavits and state-certified results; Harvard conducted scientific studies proving 82% of diabetes patients were able to cease all medication without complication, etc)
A desperate problem, a unique solution, and overwhelming proof.
There ARE 12 other reasons your site might not be selling as well as it should be, but if you get the above 3 right, you’re at least half way home.
If you’re REALLY struggling, I’ll bet my pancreas you’re missing at least one of the magic 3.
Answer these questions honestly, right now:
- What, specifically, is the desperate problem you’re addressing on your site? And HOW desperate are your prospects, really? (Can you help them feel more desperate by repositioning yourself?)
- WHY is your solution unique? Fill in the blank in detail “Only my product or service can solve their desperate problem because only my product or service has or does _______________”
- Why the hell should they believe you? Where’s your PROOF? Have you overwhelmed them with it?
If there’s ONE thing I learned in 2010, it’s this… don’t go into a business where you can’t answer address the above three questions passionately.
The reason this makes me want to repeatedly slap myself in the head with a spatula, by the way, is that I suddenly realized even though I’ve launched many profitable businesses, most of them were the WRONG ones…
Terry Dean finally convinced me that I have fought my way to profitability by the strength of my research DESPITE missing at least one of the above in most of my endeavors . If I’d only known the above first, I’d be a lot wealthier than I am now!
Which leads me to my final point.
“Glenn’s Research Abilities + Terry Dean’s 14 Years of Internet Conversion Experience = Ability to Do Some Real Damage!”
Well, Terry and I have been spending Sundays together all fall recording videos, totally debriefing each other on our respective systems, figuring out how it all fits together, step by step…
So we can teach YOU how to really do some damage online.
We’re still about 6 to 8 weeks away from launching the product, coaching systems, events, etc.
But if you want to be among the first to know when it’s ready (and be sure to get the introductory pricing, free pre-event webinars, etc), head on over to TotalConversionCode.com and leave us your email.
You’ll be glad you did.
And we’d LOVE for you to leave your answers to the exercise above in the comments section if you don’t mind.
What’s the desperate problem you’re addressing in your market?
What’s your unique solution?
Can you prove it, beyond a shadow of a doubt? Overwhelm us!
To your success!,
Dr. G 🙂
PS – I’ve totally updated the “How to Choose Your Market” product with Terry’s help for 2011 too. It’s available right now for FREE in the Hyper Responsive Marketing club,… but not for long. Right after Perry promotes the club one last time this year I’m going to pull it out as it’s own product, so if you’re interested, get into the club now. (If you’re already a member, just visit the bonus section and download or view)