This is a summary of the 10 fundamental differences between adwords money makers and those who continually struggle … from my interview with Bryan Todd, co-author of the “Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords”.
THE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADWORDS MONEY MAKERS AND THOSE WHO CONTINUALLY STRUGGLE!
True success in Adwords often depends on your ability to honestly answer the question: “Is there some simple assumption that I’ve made in my business which I’ve never bothered to question”
When people go from not making money to making money, it’s usually because they’ve challenged a very fundamental assumption they had made about the people in their market, the market as a whole, or their business itself … one it never occurred to them to question before
Learn to question what you’ve left unquestioned, and you can make a very monumental step forward. Suddenly the flood gates open up, you can reach (and help) many more people, more effectively, than you ever dreamed possible!
THE 10 THINGS THAT DISTINGUISH MONEY MAKERS FROM FLOUNDERERS IN ADWORDS
1) Money Makers Get At The Soul Of The Market
Mastering the basic technical fundamentals of Adwords (below) is essential … but not always enough to break the success barrier!
* Keyword Volume
* Cost per click
* Ad grouping
* Position on the page
Connecting with the market on a much more personal level is what usually provides the competitive edge
* What does the market really want?
* It’s essential to communicate with the market in their language
2) Money Makers Ask “Is This What People Really Want To Buy?”
Many people get lost in searching for technical answers and never ask the simple question “is this what people really want to buy?”
Understanding the different between want and need
* (example: Bryan could do a fantastic job of teaching ou how to LEARN a language, but ultimately, people just want to SPEAK the language)
“The only marketing mistake is narcissism” (thinking people want what you want them to want, as opposed to finding out what they want!) – Dr. Glenn Livingston
3) Money Makers Only Play In Markets With Enough People Searching For What They Sell!
If you can’t find enough keyword searches each month to generate a predicted, sizable profit after hours of keyword research, then don’t try to fit a round peg in a square hole
4) Money Makers Ask “Is This A Business Model That Can Ever Really Work?” Before They Dive In
Lots of people get caught up in Adwords trials when they’ve never really asked themselves “can this business MODEL ever really work?”
* REAL MLMs (the ones that DO work) are just very sophisticated affiliate programs
* Move quality products that are useful to people
* With a quality product network marketing business will be successful, because again, it is just like an affiliate program
* FAKE MLMS: Some MLMs are merely an “opportunity to sell the opportunity”
* Example: addressing envelopes from home which recruit other people to address envelopes from home … and many other work at home offers
Two key questions to ask before getting involved in a business opportunity
* Question #1: How much money has the person offering this opportunity made this month from this opportunity?
* Question #2: How are you going to make money? Or how do I make money selling this?
* Answer should be simple and clear
* Provides for a business model that is easy to follow
5) Money Makers Know The Right “Core Message” For Their Audience
Ask the right questions about the big picture
Allow yourself to question fundamental assumptions about why you’ve ventured into this market, product, business in the first place
Question why am I trying to do this in this particular way?
* Is there a better way?
* Is this the best way?
Have I hit upon the core message for the market?
* Is this really going to resonate with my audience?
* Is this the silver bullet?
6) Money Makers Discover Know ALL The Desired Features of Their Products and Services
* Think about what you are selling
* Have you identified ALL the desirable features and benefits it really provides?
* Do you know WHICH HUMAN NEEDS each feature of benefit really serves?
* Note: there are only 37 of them … can you link your ad copy to one?
http://www.AdwordsMarketingMuscle.com/37.htm (list of the 37 emotional needs which can be linked to purchase motivation)
7) Money Makers Know the Best Marketing Model For THEIR Business
Evaluate and question is there some sort of advertising model or web structure that might work better for a particular market?
* People often struggle trying to make a particular model work and it may not be the best suited model for that business
* The marketing model should be bull’s eye targeted for the market. A model that can be optimized based on the needs of the market
* Opt in –> newsletter –> salesletter?
* Ecommerce model?
8) Money Makers Know The Internet Is NOT Their Business
Understanding that the internet is a tool to enhance or “supercharge” a business will provide a competitive advantage over the marketers that believe the internet is going to do all of the work for you
The internet is NOT your business, it is a catalyst for your business
9) Money Makers Know There Is Simplicity on the Other Side of Complexity
* The ability to take a step back after being in the market and after trying to sell to the market
* The ability to evaluate if there is anything that could be changed, even a simple assumption that you’ve made that you could now question and turn around
* Complexity doesn’t equal success (example: we all want a doctor that takes the time to reassure you, speak to you in English and not revert back to the Latin phrases from med school)
* Find the simplest way to state the primary benefits of the business
* Don’t ever underestimate the power of coherence
10) Money Makers Understand The Essence Of Adwords
The essence of success with adwords requires the ability to define the business and/ or product clearly in a very small space with a very concise and simple statement
What is a successful Adwords campaign?
* Person thinks to himself, “I want X”
* Person then goes to Google™ and types in “I want X”
* Person sees an Ad that you’ve written and your ad says, “You want X? Good, we’re going to give you X” and then the URL at the bottom says “get X dot com”
* Person clicks through and the landing page says, “You want X? We are here to give you X. Now, let me tell you exactly what steps you will need to take in order to get X”
* Number one, fill in the form in the bottom and that will be step number one in you getting X.
* Or, pick up the phone and call this 800 number and we will give you a step by step explanation on how you can get X.
* Or, enter your credit card number down in the filed below and we will send X to your house.
* It’s really that simple. If I want X, you echo that right back to me.
* Good landing pages also usually repeat what the Google™ ad said
BRYAN & PERRY MARSHALL’S BOOK: DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GOOGLE ADWORDS
— And —
PERRY & BRYAN’S GOOGLE ADWORDS PHONE SUPPORT GROUPS